View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Elizabethpedroley
AF Newbie

Re: Street Racing death hits too close to home.

I'm the wife of the sweet young man that was lost. I realize these posts are older, but I stumbled across this while trying to find a picture of my husband online to show a friend. All these years later I still think of him and miss him daily. For those of you that say racing isn't dangerous, I'm sad that you haven't learned anything from his death. All we were doing was riding in the back seat of a friend's car. I felt a bump from behind and before I could say or do anything the car started rolling. After the car stopped rolling I turned to my husband's seat and there was a cold fear that went through my body as I realized he was missing. I'm haunted by the images that remain in my mind of how demolished he was. So yes, yes racing is dangerous. I had to tell his mother that her son was going to die that night. I can still hear the scream that she let out over the phone. I live in pain daily from the whiplash. I have to take medication and undergo painful procedures to make my daily life just a little more tolerable. I lost my soulmate that day. He was my one, my everything. We were just kids. The person that hit us didn't stop. Coward. So, please don't let his death go unnoticed. Learn something.

As for the remark about about us getting in the way on a street race, I pray for you. I pray that you never have to go through what I went through that night. I pray that God blesses you and makes His way into your life. And I pray that He forgives you for your hurtful comment.
Elizabethpedroley is offline   Reply With Quote