View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #58
kevinthenerd
AF Regular

Re: Build your own car from SCRATCH?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgraber
Thanks, I really appreciate that.

You're right a V8 would be awesome. And the Northstar will fit just fine. Also any of the v-6's would fit no problem either. The key about my car, and it's one that if you know about the Elise you might understand, is that the ultra-light weight will give INCREDIBLE performance out of smaller engines. This car weighs only 1,400Lbs when completed. And without bodywork and it interior weighs only 1,126Lbs! With a V8 and all that torque you would have a very very hard time keeping the tires from spinning all the time. Seriously. I think that 250HP and 200Lb/ft torque is a power level that will blow away almost every single production car in the world.

I've had so much interest in the car that I am starting to put together all the items required to make a kit for it. So if you want to put a V8 in it, I can get you started on that path. Realize that I don't have anything to sell just yet, but if you sign up on my website I will keep you informed when I get closer to production.
The thing is, too, that the ECOTEC motor is very versatile with GM parts. If you pick up the "GM Sport Compact Performance Build Book" (available online for free), you can build up the stock ECOTEC motor into just about any power you can imagine. The stock internals can handle 250hp reliably (or 350 hp at their breaking point). The build book shows you how to build the motor up in stages...

stock to 250hp
250 to 400
400 to 600
600 to 1000
1000 to 1400

It's insane.

kevinthenerd is offline   Reply With Quote