View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
NevadaBrad
AF Newbie

2001 Eclispe Spyder 3.0 24Valve...running rough shutdown now won't start

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT....3.0 liter 24 valve engine...recently the car started to drop power at low speeds and revving the engine up seem to bring the car out of it...this is an intermittent problem...the other day it started in again in my driveway and I shut the vehicle off...the next morning it was hard starting but would not remain running...and I could not seem to "rev" the engine up to "correct" the rough idle...I cleaned the throttle body and the IAC valve and the MAF sensor (with approved chemicals) car still did not start properly...seemed to be starving for fuel...cleaned the fuel filter and replaced the O2 sensor (position #1 throwing a code).....started car and it started well after I pressurized the fuel pump...revved engine up seem to run good...let off the gas lowering rpm's...when engine was about 2000 RPM...engine shut down...and now can't start...introduced a little bit of starter fluid into the intake...cranks well but won’t fire the engine.....help!
NevadaBrad is offline   Reply With Quote