View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #15
dragontrlr
AF Newbie

Re: mysterious wire and won't fire

okay i see that in the engine compartment. so green wire is not bypassing anything to get to that. engine turns over, after a few cranks if you will, engine fires. immediately dies as if cut off the minute it fires. inorder to get it to fire again you have to turn it over a few times. is there any way to test the wires at the tbi body? found some instructions at autozone but i have no idea what wires are what color. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...00c1528007761f
just seems odd that after reassemble it has fuel delivery problem and i have a stray wire broken right at fuel delivery wires. i did find another broken rigged wire. it is a tan with brown stripe, it appears to come from the throttle position sensor and has been cut? inside the wiring harness right there it looks like two of the same color wires have been twisted together. this is not something new although i cannot decide if all three wires were connected and one broke loose from the other two or if this splice is a bypass. i cant believe this is any of the cause i have to believe this is a fuel delivery issue. pressure builds up engine fires pressure instantly lost. when engine fires/dies it cuts straight out it doesnt cough out
dragontrlr is offline   Reply With Quote