View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Thinking of buying a Vr4 for a 1st car? please read

many people seek a 3000GT/Stealth for a first car(i dont blame you)
while it is a very good choice, people tend to look for the top model(Vr4) as the car of choice.
While it is a great car that many desire, it is not the ideal first car for any driver.
In example, most parents would not be willing to hand over the keys to a new C5 corvette to there son or daughter as a first car, the vr4 is very similar in speed to that of a C5 corvette.
PLEASE?!!? dont let this be an insult on your driving skills!! it is not to say your not a good driver, but statistics alone can show you that a mid 13 second car with a top speed of over 165mph is not a good choice to make as a first car.

The base model and or sl are still both very good choices, with simmilar speeds of a mid 90's mustang gt(which isnt too shabby ) and have the look and "sex appeal" that many love.
it is also better on gas which is a big plus now days with gas prices higher than ever. I get 19mpg on the highway in a vr4, trust me...it sucks!!
you also have more expensive parts to fix when things go wrong and the 6G72T engine is very very tight and hard to work on.

Beleive me when i say, the base model and SL are THE best choices for a first car when looking toward these beautiful automotive machines!!

for those who want to contibute to why the vr4 is NOT a good choice for a first car, please feel free.