View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
dfordski
AF Regular

Re: Mystery ORings HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcco View Post
Great minds think alike, you and I are on the same thought page.... I was thinking that they might belong to the oil pan maybe the to inner most bolts "on either side of the crank area" I so hope thats not the case I have deceided to pull the water pump off again to make sure that they dont belong between the backing plate and the block OR between the backing plate and the pump. talk about grasping at straws....
Put em on a chain & wear them around your neck. And someday,when you least expect it, someone will say," What are you doing with those...... Thermal offset balancer coupler spacer thingies" (something that sounds important!)? I hope you didn't leave those out of an engine swap project, your lucky to be alive!" It would be nice to know what they go to though, I've been watching this thread to see if someone knew. Maybe the guy packing the parts didn't know either & thew them in to be safe. I'll guess it's for mounting something off the block rather than flush against it on a bolt. But what do I know, I just found out I've been wearing an o2 sensor around my neck for the last 2 months!