View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
gtpsleeper
AF Newbie

Question 2001 Pathfinder O2 Sensor Replacement

Greetings,

I have a 2001 Pathfinder with 78,000 miles. The check engine light came on for the first time since I have owned it. I brought it in to my local shop and they said they tested it and thought is was the O2 sensor. They didn't sound real sure but whatever I guess. They said it would cost about $250 to replace for parts and labor.

I have a couple questions. First I have read on previous posts that these are not that hard to change yourself. But some people complain about the time and effort it takes to change yourself. Is this something I should do myself? If so, where do I get O2 sensors that I know will work? Should I replace all of the O2 sensors or just one at a time? Does anyone have a step-by-step for the process of changing these O2 sensors?

Second, where do I look for a code reader so I can diagnose my own problems? Is there a connector and software I can get for my laptop? What would you recommend? Are the code readers universal? I have a 99 Altima as well, would the same reader work on that car?

Any help or advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike