Thread: More Popular?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 11:46 AM   #67
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche

You should have expected somebody (me) to say something (to you)

The new 575M as quoted in Car and Driver takes no skills to drive. 0. It may be the most beautiful thing to emerge from Maranello (I have a thing for the 550 bodystyle), but it is expected that 80% or so of buyers will choose the "F1" option. It was said by the editors themselves that the car is fun, but anybody could drive it like Mike. They complained about how ferrari has done this to almost all models now, moving farther away from their heritage and the things that made them a FERRARI. Since the mid 90's they've been going way downhill in terms of heritage IMO.

I'd just like to see a hardcore Ferrari that is hard to drive, loud, no interior accomodations, disgustingly fast and has some soul. As far as I'm concerned, the F40 was the last true Ferrari. Just my rant, thanks for tuning in.
nice post. i hear what youre sayin'

its true, fezzas, and all supercars for that matter are becoming easier to drive. but theyre also getting better. e.g. 348 wasnt much of a car to drive, the 355 improved that dramatically, and the 360 is also better than the F355 in many ways. the 575 though, in standard form, is phenomenally inferior to the car it was supposed to be an update of, the 550, and i simply cant understand that. i was very unimpressed by that.... still, hardcore drivers cars are still out there, the 360 GT is on the way, and that will be a no-nonsense racer, as well as the new & improved Porsche GT3 coming out. an improvement on an already phenomenal car (the standard GT3) looks set to make the new GT3 one of the cars of the decade (in my view the original already is)... 360GT vs new GT3: the fezza is more hardcore but it looks set to be a helll of a showdown anyway
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote