View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
greenroot22
AF Newbie

sundance no spark no fuel.

i'll try to make a long story short.
i'm limited on tools and money.
i have a 1990 plymouth sundance 2.5 liter v4 tbi
the other day i was accelerating arround a corner and the engin just shut down without any warning (rpm gauge and everything else just dropped strait to 0). the car was not taken care of before i got it and it has been a struggle to keep it running. i had done an oil change a week ago and the day before it shut down(last fri) i swapped out the wireset, distributor cap and rotor, was about to change out the spark plugs when it died. now no power gits to the fuel pump and no power gets to my ignition coils. the rotor itself turns and the engine turns over, my starter motor and battery work fine and as far as i can see everything else gets power.
i've changed out the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay, and every other relay i can find aside from the starter relay cause it should have nothing to do with the fuel pump and spark system or so i believe. i've been told to check on the asd relay, and the ignition relay. and i can't find either on my car, asd should be behind thebattery and the ignition should be under the dash, neither exist. i don't have a spare ignition coil to test with and the only other computer i have is one for a 1991 plymouth acclaim, which is a whole other story, but swaping computers doesn't work. i can't test voltage and resistance untill i get my meter from a friend, if you guys haveany other ideas that might help get this car rolling thanks in advance.
greenroot22 is offline   Reply With Quote