View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #18
Mr_Bill
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Grand Prix GT stalling at stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz View Post
Wow, the part is expensive (even retail it's around $200), but they socked you for the labor. I could change that out in our parking lot in about 1 minute. That includes opening the hood and taking the engine cover off. I would go back and complain about the labor charge, as that is REDICULOUS.

Here is a link to our tips and maintenance subforum with a picture of where the MAF is located.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=746374

As you can see, it's 2 screws and a wiring harness plug to change it out once you get the engine cover off (which consists of unscrewing the oil fill cap adaptor and removing it).
Thanks, Rich, for your info and link. I do feel stupid and it does hurt! There should be laws against taking advantage of the mentally impaired. I did ask for the old part and when I got home I quickly spotted the identical unit under the engine cover. I saw where I could have easily replaced it myself. I take heart in thinking I paid for their expertise and tools to diagnose the problem quickly and resetting computer functions for proper operation. It's not exactly a common problem that the average Joe would know about. But, I learned a lesson I won't soon forget. Thanks again for the heads-up.
Mr_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote