View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
troubleinnc27292
AF Newbie

Re: ABS, Airbag Lights On, No PW or ATC - Help

Well today it started but none of the gauges worked and the heater won't turn off and that stupid airbag light is still on. I done some more research and I ran across this -- "Question
Hello,
I am having problems with my Anti-theft device. On Saturday I went to get into my 1996 Chrysler LHS and there was no power lights on the inside of the car. Immediately I knew there was a problem with the Anti-theft because this has happened before. I proceeded to lock and unlock the front doors using my key, and after 1 1/2 hrs. I was able to get the lights to come back on in the car, but when I tried to start it, the car would click on partially then die out. After trying this for a few times, my boyfriend and I tried to reset the battery and then charge it. The car will still not start. If you could give me any tips that would be great. I have someone coming over today to try to disconnect the system (maybe that will work ?)

Answer
Hi Sara,
I would suggest that you check fuses # 13 and #14 to see if they are either blown or have a small crack in their wires. If that is ok then try the trunk lock similarly as you have the door locks.
It is unclear to me if you can't get the starter to work or the engine to start (which is unrelated to the theft system) or instead that the engine will start but then dies in about 1-3 seconds (which is what happens when the theft system is in an alarmed state). So tell me about that.
I would not try to disconnect the system as it is built-in to the body computer and cannot be disconnected without messing up the communication from there to the engine controller which will then assure a No Start condition.
Let's try to fix it, not remove it."

I went and unlocked my door a couple of times and everything is back to normal all gauges and lights are normal and cranked fine. BANG HEAD HERE ( ). This car is starting to drive me nuts lol. Well hope this fixed it or it's back to reasearch.
troubleinnc27292 is offline   Reply With Quote