View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 01:28 PM   #194
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The evo8 or ls1 firebird trans am??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtdg19
Well in the future I will do some research instead of asking you for any helpful anything. Honestly I don't understand why your being so unwilling when I just asked a few questions (you sound like you know a bit about Evo's so why shouln't I ask?). I also don't know what you think I believe but it seems like your awfully going out of your way to make some point that I never deemed impossible in the first place.

Also I didn't realize that the Evo MR is only a variation of an Evo8, sry bout that. I never meant to push your buttons.
Sorry about that too, didn't mean to push your buttons either. To answer some of your questions, such as getting the EVO into the 11s for $5k is that it has alot of aftermarket parts avialable for it and many stage upgrade packages cost anywhere from $700 to $2,200 (For stage 1) and easily get the EVO deep into the 12s. Reasons for this are the tuning abilities of the 4G63T, one the best engines to tune on the import scene. Many US DSM shops who have previously worked on the Eclipse, have gradually switched more support to the EVO which pretty much uses the same engine, just newer and better. Also if launched correctly the EVO is lethal from a stop, AWD gives it awesome traction and slightly modded EVOs that are launched correctly are achieving 60FT times from 1.6 to 1.8. You are correct on the reasons for Mitsu going with a 5-Speed instead of 6-Speed, Cost. Yet with the introduction of the EVO MR which will have the 6-Speed hopefully this will change, and eventually all EVOs sold in the USA will come standard with the 6-Speed. Well hopefully I answered some of your questions, if you have any other just ask.