View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #118
TatII
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: The evo8 or ls1 firebird trans am??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
Fact still remains when I've seen guys behind the wheel of them they just don't put it down! Sorry I'm not trying to insult your friends and their EVOs. You say you'd never choose the WRX well then don't seems pretty simple to me? Personally I like the WRX better and when it comes down to it the EVO is ugly.(JUST MY OPINION) You may think it's beautiful I don't. These kids get them, read in some import car mag how they run low 8's stock or watch 2F 2F and think WOW I'll eat Skylines with it! (Actually they wouldn't think bad of the all mighty Skyline or Supra) They think "I'll wax Porsches and Ferraris with it!" Then go out and don't put it down. Sorry it's just how it is. If you don't like the real world take it up with GOD.
you are also forgeting the most important thing. your down in florida where its hotter then it is up here in the north east. your probrably around 80-90 degrees right now and also your in the tropical region of the states where its very humid. we all know that turbo cars are very sensitive to heat and that any car is sensitive to humidity. the reason why the EVO's are running slower usualy in where your at is because of the humidity and the hotter then usual weather. for comparisons sake go to the track and see if you can see a EVo or a STi run at the same day. i will bet you that they will run very similar times. and i am not arguing which car looks better, i know looks is purely a subjective term. i also perfer the look of the STi over the EVO. but thats a different arguement all together. all i'm saying is how is a EVO overated when the STI makes much more power, more tq, have a 6 speed and is barely faster then a EVO? see what i'm trying to get to here? and my friends EVO did beat a porsche. it happend on a nice cold night but it was a non turbo 911. it was on a one lane street and the porsche kept on downshifting to 1st beasue it was a stop light drag, and my friend with the EVO just floored it in 2nd and was dead even with it. imagine what would've happend if he did downshift to first or even better yet, launched the thing. that porsche would've been toast.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph