View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
rtryrktrx7
AF Newbie

What a good indication you need to replace your hub?

My 99 4wd Suburban has a vibration or shake to it. I took it in to the dealer and they made me feel like they were just throughing parts at it, because they said after I spent all that money they didn't guarantee it would stop. So I concluded they didn't know what was wrong.

I lifted the front and tried to shake the wheels side to side, but they didn't move much at all.

It vibrates mainly at higher speeds which might indicate tires, but I've rotated them and it made no difference. I replaced the shocks and it made no difference. The vibration can turn into a shimmy at times. Where it feels like the front of the truck is shaking from side to side? It real bad when you go over pot holes or bumps in the road. It's like it shakes real bad and recovers to a vibration. The steering has had a lot of play in it also, but it has had it for some time with out the vibration.

It shimmied so bad one time I pulled over at checked the wheel to see if it was about to fall off. But no it was bolted on good.

Any ideas, or questions?

Thanks,
Jeremy
rtryrktrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote