View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Reventon
AF Newbie

Re: 911 Turbo '88 [Singer Style]

Thanks for the comments. They keep me going as I began the project with minor modifications in mind and it turns to be a custom body kit. Small update to keep the thread going.

@Scrible There is no need to use putty to the fenders as the body of the Turbo is already wide to begin with. If I add more it will become a RWB...

The 2K epoxy putty never got hard. Maybe I didn't mix it well. So I used plastic card and then filled with cyanoacrylate. But this way it couldn't harden properly as there was too much quantity. I removed it and used a toothpick to add layers of glue, each time one got hard I added another until I "reached the surface". Then I measured carefully this time and hit the hole dead center.

Apart from that, I mainly focused on the front bumper and leveled the epoxy putty with the rest of the surface. I didn't shape the openings yet (well I tried the left a little). In some places the putty was like rubber as it wasn't backed properly. This was taken care of with some super glue. Now I'm ready to give the final shapes.

I also sanded the side skirts and the fuel cap.

When I'm done I will move to some more changes to the body. As you see in the following photo, Singer is more round overall (different model I know) and the fenders "close" towards the center as they go down leaving a big part of the tyre exposed to the sight.

IMAGE IS FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY

In the Turbo it's almost 90 degrees vertical. (This means more sandpaper work... )

My purpose is to achieve a more homogenous and rounded result when seen from above.

So, still lots of work to be done but I enjoy it.

And thanks for watching!

Last edited by Reventon; 09-22-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Reventon is offline   Reply With Quote