View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
colzie
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Micra 2001 Y Reg (2001) ELECTRICAL PROBLEM (Interior light)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbaird
Hello, I have a y reg 2001 nissan micra 1.0s and the interior light does not work. I have changed the bulb, checked the wires on the light unit, checked the fuses under tye dashboard and th fuse for 'room light' is a 10A, it seems fine, and I checked it with a new fuse, but this didnt work either, however what confused me is the lable on the fuse cover, says 10A BAT whereas the other fuse are labeled 10A IGN etc I assumed that maybe the fuse would be located near the BAttery ??? Also, the labelling for 10A BAT (for room light) was highlighted in white, whereas the other labels were normal white text on black lable so I looked at the fuses in the box next to the battery but they seem fine. Any suggestions please? I wonder if theres anywhere else I need to look?

PLEASE email me at: shaunbaird@someinfo4u.com to let me know when a reply has been made.
Your interior light derives its power from the battery circuit hence the BAT symbol i.e radio, interior light ,parking lamps

The IGN symbol is for Components that power up when the ignition is turned on i,e wipers,ignition system.

As for the light not working I would change the whole interior light unit these can be obtained fairly cheaply from most car breakers.If that does not cure the fault then as you have no burnt out fuses I would assume it is a wire breakage that is your fault.

Hope this is of some help to you

Colzie