View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fujimi 1970 Le Mans #23 917K - Attwood\Herrmann

Well, here's a little further progress to report. Finally managed to get a decent coat of paint on the body. I think I've got the proper thinning of the paint sorted out now. It's been curing for about a week and a half, so it's probably close to being fingerprint proof. I'm thinking it's a good idea to try to mask and paint the headlight buckets before diving into the decalling in case I screw it up. Not sure how I'm going to mask that though. I have only the Tamiya tape and it's not too good at masking rounded corners and shapes... I do have some Micro Mask, but when I tested it on one of my test strips, it marred the paint when I peeled it off...

Also finally got the lower body shell painted and cleared with flat so I could start building it up with the motor, cockpit and suspension components:

I'm thinking I won't use a gloss for the final clear over the decals, but maybe only a semi-gloss, since I'll be attempting some weathering on this once it's together. Not sure exactly how I'll proceed with that, but Eric Westra has given me some good ideas.

Slowly but surely... 'Til next time,

ianc
ianc911 is offline   Reply With Quote