Thread: Stupid Car!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
naruto
Banned

Stupid Car!!!

I went to get my air-conditioning re-gassed which was $99, i was short the $9 so i went home and got more money then the shop was about to begin the process(Testing for leaks+the re-gas). Upon their inspection it i have the old R12(or whatever its called) gas system, so i have to do a conversion to the new system 134 or something which is gonna cost $165. I didn't have the money so i told them I'd come back.

On the trip home i was annoyed and sweaty(i sweat easily) but was still thinking positive that i'd get the conversion done later, so i get home up the drive-way turn the car off and when i put it into first gear i noticed there was something coming out of the foot air ducts which happened to be coolant.

I call the shop i went to re-gas my a/c and ask them what the problem was, I was thinking it was the heater core and it was!!!! They told me it would cost anywhere from $600-$1000.

i ended up getting it bypassed(cost $70) but i still want my a/c working. I have asked another shop that if i get my a/c re- gassed would i need to de-gas it to replace my heater core, they said yes i would.

I can get my a/c converted tomorrow but winter is only a couple of months away.

OFF TOPIC: when the wind sheild gets foggy is it haet or cold that gets rid of it or does it vary?

naruto is offline   Reply With Quote