View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
FrozenPea
AF Newbie

Question Tamiya Clear (X-22) Woes

Hi guys,

I've been a long time aircraft modeller, who recently branched out and did a tank, and now trying my hand at doing a Toyota Soarer (Fujimi).

I've learnt alot from reading this forum and would like to thank many of you for contributing such good tutorials, tips etc etc. Anyway, onto my problem, which i hope you guys can help me with.

I have airbrushed the body of my car using Tamiya XF-11 J.N. Green with great results, and obviously i want to apply a gloss clear over the top to apply decals and polishing/waxing etc. The problem is that when i airbrush the clear (X-22), it seems to spread a fine misty white powder-like coat across the rest of the model (area that is not directly being sprayed). It is extremely noticeable in the panel lines, door frames and grills. I've seen no other mention of this problem, however like most things in this hobby, there's probably a very simple solution to overcoming this.

If there's no simple fix, i'd be open to suggestion to use other brands of clear gloss - but i've always been very impressed by Tamiya paints and tend to use them almost exclusively these days.

Thanks for your help.
FrozenPea is offline   Reply With Quote