View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 06:35 AM   #14
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Re: Aston Martin DBR-9 (1:24) by Renaissance - Kit Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu80
I bought it too. sure there's a lot of work, and it needs some improvements but you can still wait for tamiya to release it one of these days.....
Renaissance isn't studio 27 or BBR, it's rougher , but I didn't bother to measure everything.It's the only kit you can get of the car, or then it will be 1/43. Too me it looks just a bit low and a bit too thin on the back. But hey.....

I'm kinda the same as you, looking for the details that go wrong, but on this one, I'm really pleased to have it so i'll say nothing on that.At least it exists, it has its littls flaws but renaissance has never said they're tamiya. A bit expensive sure....still better the some 50 euros kits assembled in 2 days with a metal chassis, no?
I hope you don' ttake it as an attack to you, it's not.
I'll start mine soon
MANU

Hi,

as I alredy mentioned: Build it as it comes or correct it.
OK, you have bought a kit for about 120 Euros and see yourself that the body isnīt correct. Nevertheless you will build it, I think that is ok.

I will correct it, if I ever build it. And if I knew about the above written before buying it, I NEVER bought it, even if no other model is available in the future.

BBR, Studio27 - maybe Renaissance is a little bit away from them, but Iīm sure he has the skill and possibilities to come VERY close, if he wants to