View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
draynoe
AF Newbie

Re: Battery drain question - please help!

So I checked out a couple of videos online on how to check amps running through using a voltmeter just as with the test light and hooked mine up between the negative wire and the battery.

I set it to 10 amps (only a 10 amp meter) and it was registering over 2.35 which I know is insanely high for everything being off. I messed with a few fuses in between disconnects and nothing affected it inside the car.

So, I opened up the fuse box under the hood and remembered the car guys telling me that the air conditioner fuse in there was kind-of wonky... My a/c would go out sometimes and I would have to click the a/c fuse back into place a little to make it kick back on.

So, I started messing with that fuse with the meter hooked up, and the amps dropped down to 0.20 to around 0.40 max.

I took the fuse from the fog lamps (I don't use them) and placed it in the a/c fuse slot and the amps stayed the same, so I'm hoping that it was the fuse itself in the a/c slot!

I haven't had a chance to test it yet (or wait until the battery dies again), but I'm hoping that that's the source of the problem!

Thank you for your help! I will report back if it isn't fixed, but hopefully everything is okay for now!

Thanks!
draynoe is offline   Reply With Quote