View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 12:21 AM   #56
2CivicGarage
AF Newbie

New to this, so I hope you don't mind me sharing.
Best memory? My first Honda, a 91 Prelude Si. Before these things had available parts too! Waaaaaay back in 98 I smoked an early 80's Chevy truck from a light.
It breaks down like this: My car was outfitted with a custom intake, made from an integra intake, a K&N, and some scrap aluminum. I had Splitfires and bigger wires, 91 octane, hollow cat plus 2.25" all the way back and a little tuning to line it all up. The stereo was limited to two speakers and a head unit, back seats and belts, spare tire, trunk carpet, fender liners, and anything not nailed was scraped. All this was rolling on 14" and 13 lbs. or so of some generic looking polished five stars.
My opponent? A 2-door benchseat equipped Chevy pos. It's only mod to the 350 crate motor was a Holley 4-Barrel (that's a carburetor btw). This was a full-size truck, but I guess it was still relatively light, considering. Anyway, he pulled up, revved on me untill I bit, I neutral dropped early in the hopes of getting a little much needed traction and zoom, away we went. About 25 feet later I was catching up and by roughly 60mph or so I was showing off my taillights. AS I passed I heard a horrible sound that I can only assume was his engine crying at 6500 rpms because it had no top end.
My current prides: an 02 Ex with Racing Hart 16" Tuners, progress tech.springs and Brembo slotted and drilled and a 92 Cx hatch with a sleeved b18a (84mm slugs), b16 head, .42 Ar T3, Aem fuel cam and pulleys, 16" Rota slips, Brembo slotted, Tsunami lip, Aerogear hood, Type R seats, etc, etc.....