View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #55
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

I guess this doesn't have to be in a honda? My favorite win, not exactly best, was against this guy in a blue SRT-4. I pulled up next to him at a light. Didn't say anything to him or anything. But, a girl in his car started giving me thumbs down. I thought it meant they didn't want to race. No problem, theres plenty more races out there. Light turns green he launches with everything he's got while I cruise off. Interesting, I thought. So, the next light ahead of us was red also..so we pulled up to it. She rolled he window down and started yelling to me how my car was a piece of shit and it was slow..but it was pretty. So I said "Thank you, I think my car looks pretty good too." She continued on how my car sucked, blah blah blah. So I rolled up my window and watched the light as I could see her in the corner of my eye yelling things/giving me thumbs down. Light turns green, we both launch, I got the jump from the light..he's pulling..I shift 2nd..pull away..he pulls some...I shift 3rd..pull away..he pulls some..I shift fourth, I'm going about 80, 90mph..so I brake at a point in which I am an easy half car infront of the SRT-4. Next light, we didn't get the front of it..but we were even. Still, she continued yelling more stupid things about how I got lucky. I took of slowly and let the car infront of me get some distance and at about 15mph in 1st, I floored it, let off at 30ish..shifted 2nd and held the RPMs to let him know I was wanting to try him from a roll. So, he pulls up. Revs it, take off..gets about a half a car on me before I react. I slowly pull away and win with his bumper just at my GT logo. Third time. I slow down some and continue to cruise knowing I have just defeated him twice. but, apparently he's not done. he revs it up. I downshift into 3rd, rev it up and let the clutch out and jump. This time, I won by about half a car. As you can see...it is unwise to let a passenger do alot of shit talking your shitty driving skills can't back up.