View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #30
SpecInfoTinkerMod
AF Newbie

Re: Bypassed TheftLock on GM Chevy Class II MP3 CD HU

Hey all,
I have been puzzling this one for a while - an '01 Malibu cd/cassette player to replace an '03 Silverado Cd only. After the dealer couldn't unlock it, and I determined the VIN issue, I was overjoyed to find this thread to point my probings inside. But after lifting pin 8, removing the EPROM completely, swapping the two, etc. I only managed to remove functionality completely from the '01 unit (shows 'ERROR') with the chip replaced (before it functioned on acc. as previously noted in this thread), and leave the original functioning but showing 'Cal Error'. No biggy there, but if Wallstreet22 could a avail me of the info on the tech shop that burns a vehicle-specific EPROM, I'd be most appreciative. I would like to give that a shot. I just spent a frustrating evening with the soldering iron, only to return things to how they started!
The '03 unit has the EPROM in the center of the board, as was stated above; apparently, putting an older unit in its place isn't like putting newer in older vehicle. Any advice/input would be appreciated. I quite appreciate these lovely GM engineers; particularly their audible safety warnings system being run through the radio (?!?), making an after-market unit equally hassle-causing.
Cheers ;-]- Tony
SpecInfoTinkerMod is offline   Reply With Quote