View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #79
jyount
AF Regular

Re: Replacing intake gasket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryitnow View Post
Thanks for the advice jyount. That last part, about breaking the plastic, is one reason I'm leaning toward the Dorman set. I read these are made of metal. Yeah, I hate buying all that foreign garbage too. They are just killing us, economically. I'm a little pee'd off at G.M. for this problem in the first place, so I probably won't go with their set. Probably Felpro or Dorman set.
Have you used that tool you mentioned for removing the pushrods, without removing the back valve cover? Will the valve cover gasket re-seal with this technique? It sure looks like a tempting time-saver.
Yes it will, I have done several just like that and had no problems, just put the permatex at the joint where the manifolds come together at the valve covers. I always wipe the gaskets clean with brake cleaner just for good measure. They are high qaulity rubber and have no trouble resealing.
Gave up wrenching for "Greener Pastures"

Current job: RN

2010 Silverado Z71 5.3L 65xxx

Wife's
2007 Suburban 1500 LTZ 5.3L 102xxx
jyount is offline   Reply With Quote