View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
gn1220
AF Regular

Re: advice for buying a Roadmaster wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniniCaCO3 View Post
Oh btw, what did you pay for the 35,000 mile wagon?

I'm looking at a fellow with a 70,000 mile 1994, lowest miles I've yet seen! I can't fathom where you found 35,000 miles!
It's sat for a while; trying to get a sense of the sum of the work it'll need. Has some rust and peeling vinyl "wood" siding; needs brakes turned, new spark plugs; the seller will be looking it over in greater detail to figure out what else.

Also looking at a guy with a 102,000 mile roadmaster.

I'm making a list (swaybars, suspension/springs, redo the vinyl siding or just remove and repaint the whole car) to see what the total cost might be.

What kind of money did you ultimately put into your roadmaster? I will probably want to make just as many improvements, when I buy one. Trying to figure a budget.

-Bernard

Here's the replacement '94. As I said before, it's not nearly as nice but I'm not afraid to use this one. So far I've converted the dash and cd player, installed my Z-28 cluster, replaced all of the stainless trim, replaced the gate, cleaned the heck out of it, 1LE elbow installed, replaced the driver door panel, replaced the rollers in two windows, replaced the rear wiper, etc.

I sold the wagon for a little over $10,000 which is way too cheap looking back. I probably should've put it on e-bay for max $$$ BUT, the guy who bought it is a wagon freak like myself and promised the car will never see the rain or snow, except from the garage, and I have the first shot at buying it back if he ever decides to sell it. Can't really put a price on that.

Keep in mind that these cars share just about everything with the Impala SS (except the rear end, the wagons is wider and the sway bar won't work) so you can do just about all of the mods to a wagon that guys are doing to the Imp: Lowered springs, suspension rebuild kits, engine stuff, 6 spd conversions, bucket seats/console conversions, LS swaps, the list goes on. Visit ImpalaSSForum.com to learn more than you ever wanted to know about these land yahts.
gn1220 is offline   Reply With Quote