View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen
Re: Lurkers, Leeches, and Lesbians perhaps?

Erik:

That was really needed post here!

I recognized my self many times reading your text. I remember clearly when I first time openned this Forum, I got a link that Finish F1 Forum.

So here I was, absolutely muted all those stories, images, pics, articles. I didn't knew where to start. I didn't knew really nothing else, a road car, LM and GTR. And J.J Lehto drove black Ueno Clinic 1995 Le Mans, and won it. And he raced Longtail GTR on year 1997.

Fortunately I'm not a shy these things, so I read this forum one..two days and then gather my courage and posted here first time, not so good English and questions which were simply and 100 times asked ones.
I misunderstood some times and asked it again, diferent words affraiding that someone might bet agry to me asking those things many times.

But then, Greg and You, and many others that days just an over an year go helped me. Greg aswered my PM's constantly back and helped me work clear image what is this thing called F1, LM, GT and GTR. Fortunately I had background informations, but specialy the racing side was completely new me. All those chassis, liveries, races, drivers, and then came those scale Models and again same 100 question per week started.
And today I have new friends, Le Man, DocGTR, have been helped me alot my questions and wonderings concerning all thins on F1, mostly GTR's.

What I'm trying to say here, I never expected to have such as welcome here. This F1 area. The people here have been amazing, helpfull and day after day given their answers even very common questions. It might be easy to react that "find it your self, I don't have time to this". BUT NO. Never has happened this way.

It just has meant me alot, I appreciate this very high. I even thought, writing here with my own name would give more serious imagination of me, I'm not joking here.
I have found my allready forgoten enthusiasm about F1 and specialty GTR's, which I have allways loved everyway, just didn't knew where to look for. This simply has been absolutely Superb Forum.
So Thank you very much for your all here!!!! I mean it!

And....if here really is someone who is reading this but just don't dare to ask, please forgot those feelings and ask. Only way you can learn is ask if there is something wonders your mind. I tryed it and never regret that first post day to hear.

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote