View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Lurkers, Leeches, and Lesbians perhaps?

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. (hope to be saying that a lot here)

Your post has reminded me that the 'Top 125' set could use another update - its been about a year and a half now since I pulled those together and there's more good stuff that belongs in bundled collection like that. In due time I guess. Lots on my to-do list.

You might be surprised to learn that an F1 was spotted in Sarasota, FL in October 2008, which isn't too long ago. I'll quote the post from FerrariChat and include the picture:

Quote:
LOOKIE WHAT I SAW TODAY!!!

On my way to work. I was like "Is that...? it can't be...! no way...! GET OUT THE ****ING CAMERA!!" Talk about a rare thing to see.

Location: Sarasota FL at the corner of N Washington and University Parkway.

This car wasn't too far away from Heffner. Wonder what's up.

RMX
Here's the FerrariChat thread if you would like to enjoy how that discussion progressed:

LOOKIE WHAT I SAW TODAY!!!

...and the small discussion we had on it here occurred at the end of this thread:

McLaren F1 003

Unfortunately, to my knowledge the car has not been spotted anywhere at all since then. Much like McLaren's Customer Care department, we here in the F1 forum like to see the cars about once every nine months or so to know they are okay and still in the same spot. Any longer than that, and it can be anyone's guess where they are today.

Now hopefully it doesn't drive you mad thinking there is one that close by, but it might not hurt to ask around if you have any contacts that might know about this car, or at least keep your eyes open.

Other than that - Monterey, CA remains the best place in North America to attempt to see an F1 each year in August. Four out of the past five years, there has been at least one F1 in town. They aren't always publicized in advance, but if you hit the major locations you could have a good chance of finding one. Otherwise, you'll enjoy everything else you do see and so the whole trip won't be for naught.

I am not aware of any that are on publicly-accessible permanent display right now, or in a dealership anywhere in the USA.

Miles Collier's #022 is the only other one that is close by you to my knowledge, but you have to make special arrangements to get into the Collier Automotive Museum these days and they don't allow any photography inside.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 01-26-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote