Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Re: McLaren Questions

No problem - glad to help. :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_T
Chassis number 073....maybe having a LM engine, now that I didn't know.
It's not a 'maybe' with #073 - it's a fact. I guess I should have been more clear.

"Chassis No. SA9AB5AC4W1048073, Engine No. GTR LM 61121 6053 1648, Engine; BMW V12, twin overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, electronic fuel injection, 6,064cc, producing 691bhp at 7,500rpm"

"To complete this marvel the LM engine was installed; producing an astonishing 691bhp at 7,500rpm and 735 NM of torque (dyno test sheet can be provided upon request) it makes a significant performance improvement. It is important to acknowledge the significance of this upgrade as there is only one other McLaren F1 roadcar with the LM engine fitted."

Both of those quotes were lifted from here. The text is essentially a reprint of the Christie's Auction listing. Incidentally, this car was sold to a gentleman in Tampa, Florida named Don Wallace and is here in the USA now.

Quote:
Peloton25,
I know there's many threads concerning this but do you have a personnal website with every chassis ever build?
I don't have a website like that. I'd like to put one together, but McLaren Cars seems not to appreciate the effort as they have shut down at least one site like that in the past. The most useful one I can point you to is this one: www.qv500.com/indexmclaren.htm

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote