View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #130
TatII
AF Fanatic

let me just add something here. i'm not road racer,and i sure as hell don't participate in proffessional road racing. but what makes this GTR different from buy just any other GT-R and modding our selves is that, the car that Igor bought is already a race car in the japanese proffesional league. Sure its no JGTC 500 car that pulls 3 G's in the corner average, but its still a japanese race car built by the same team that built the legendary 24 hour le man's racer Falken GT-R. so your saying that a 24 hour le mans race car is not in the same pedigree as the speed world challenge? the Falken GT-R ranked as high as 3rd in the nurburgring in 2003 before a clutch failure kept it off the podium. so a GT-R's chassis is still competitive with todays modern cars as long as its built right, and this GT-R is built by those same guys so i can safely say it is tuned right.

also this car already has its history of winning endurance races, the setup is proven to work and its victories proof it. now i'm just alittle worried about igor being competitive enough to race it to its 100% potential, but i'm no one to judge since i have no experience so i'm not goin to add any comment on that.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote