View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
grog11
AF Regular

Freestar 2004 Advanced Trac Light On

I have a 2004 Freestar SEL ,4.2l, 101,000 miles with the advanced trac light staying on, on the dash for the past month. The cruise control does not work when this light is on also. I do keep the vehicle maintained very well,tuneups,trans.fluid changes w\cooler,underbody paint,new brakes,rotors,sound deadening,etc., and have had no other issues.
I have checked all 4 wheel sensors and the near tire wiring connections to make sure no corrosion or debris is causing the problem, everything looks ok but who knows?
A battery disconnect\reconnect does eliminate the dash light for approx. 10 miles and everything works then the lights back on again.The on off dash button does work after I reconnect the battery. I am hoping to not have to take the vehicle in for a scan and check by the dealer if possible.
I have heard that there is a steering angle sensor replacement associated with this problem.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I and am wondering if there is something else to check, or should I just take it in and get it scanned to pinpoint the problem, and pay the big bucks for the dealer to repair it?

Any Help is Appreciated.
grog11 is offline   Reply With Quote