View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 02:03 AM   #52
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissan350ztt Send a message via Yahoo to nissan350ztt
Re: 2005 Nissan 350Z VS. 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupperware
I've got an 04 350Z Roadster and an 04 WRX STi. You can pick up a Z for pretty cheap (23Kish) for the coupe. On problem I see with your age and a Mustang GT is it's ability to get tailhappy. I've seen a friend put a car into the wall because he didn't respect the power.

As for your wishes on hp and tq numbers, I wish you luck. Out of the box the Z will spin about 230 on the dyno. Every mod for the Z starts at $100 and goes up drastically from there. You're a lucky kid that your parents are throwing you the keys to a 23K+ sports car... doesn't seem practical, but that's been stated before. If they happen to renig on their promise to you, convince them of a 90's 300ZX Twin Turbo. These have proven stock=stock to blow the doors off the 350s. Also 500 hp won't cost you $15K like it will in the 350.
Average 350Z's on the east coast, on a Dynojet, with 93 octane, pull about 240rwhp on the dynometer (287HP models). Yep. Sure they have, they are TURBO, the 350Z is N/A...the 350Z holds it's own for N/A, I think Nissan did a great job with that too. Thanks for the good luck, i'll need it when building this monster.

I strongly recommend SGP Racing and Forged Internals for purchasing parts, tuning, installing, and more!
nissan350ztt is offline   Reply With Quote