View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: Driveshaft Question

There are alot of good threads about light-weight driveshafts on 3si. As far as I know you can get 1, 2, or 3 piece ones made from CF, aluminum, and possibly one more material that I can't think of right now.

The advantage of them is not only the weight reduction, but the weight reduction is in a key place...the drivetrain. This is a reduction in rotational mass, which means less parasitic drivetrain loss of hp...which is good as this is one of downsides of AWD.

The one piece lightweight DSs cause some people to complain about vibration, so some recommend going with a slightly heavier (but still less than stock) 2pc. Others say you can simply flip the driveshaft over and it will stop the vibration (if there was any)...I have no personal experience withe them, so I recommend checking out the threads on 3si and seeing what actual owners have to say.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote