View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #37
FocusOnDeez
AF Newbie

Angry absolutely a scam

I filled out the form but stopped short when they wanted me to give them 88 duckets. That is when the first red flag came up. I forgot all about it and went on with my life. Then today I got a call about 7 EST on my cell which is the number I left on the form. The guy on the other end was very unprofessional and proceeded to ask me if I remembered filling out the form. I was like sure (remembering the huge red flag). He proceeded to tell me I was approved for 10g's (for a split second I thought maybe these guys were legit) then after he finished telling me that I would get 10g's in discounts on parts from their affiliates. Then he said that I would have to roll with their vinyl on my ride, attend 4 shows a year... (dosen't sound so bad) Then he proceeded to try to get me to pick out the color sticker I wanted. When I pressed him on emailing me some pics of the selection or a link on their site that I could check out the colors he had no answer except... why dont I just send you the white and if you dont like it call me up and I will get you whatever color you want. (second red flag) Then he came at me with the lamest attempt to get the 88 bones... I asked if I could send it in with the contract, once I had a chance to review it. He said that the money was for legal fees to prepare the contract and then he went on to say later that the fee was refunded back to me with a tax deduction voucher (shuuuurrrrre, whatever man) I told him to call me back on friday when I get paid. Actually a stalling tactic, you see I got ripped off a few years ago and I tracked those F's down all the way to calli and got their local police investigating them. If you look up their (get sponsored . whatever)webhosting server it is located in Amsterdam (third red flag... offshore hosting so it is harder to trace)
OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB
by the way the phone number they called me from 3028923356
comes up as a verizon wireless number in Wilmington, DE on a reverse phone number lookup. So I would say it is most definately a scam and if you are being ripped off or have been ripped off file a complaint with the attorney general for that state and file a complaint with the FBI's online fraud website... but do whatcha like
FocusOnDeez is offline   Reply With Quote