View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
kcirick
AF Newbie

Re: Ika Musume Ferrari (Super GT 2011)

Just a quick update, just to show that I am actually working on this and not just a wish list:

Today, I worked on adding the air vents to the hood of the car:

These vents are not represented in the kit, so I needed to create them. Doing any sort of modifications to a kit is new, so I was really nervous, but I think it turned out okay without resulting in a total disaster.

Using a knife, I cut out the outlines (Using a knife may not have been the best way. Whilst making these, I broke the tip of two blades )

Then added the vents:

I need to finish up with putty, but I will leave it for another time. Let the glue cure, and do some final sanding before applying the putty.

-----

On a completely unrelated issue, I would like to ask for an advice on two things:
1. The tires that come with the kit is treaded: (See attached picture IMG_0576.jpg), but I would like to have slick tires. Does anyone know a good way to convert into slick tires (some rubber compound?)

2. The brake discs that is represented in the kit/detail up kit looks like the attached picture IMG_074.jpg. But the real life brake discs look like this:

Should I just use the kit? I think the kit discs are very common discs for race cars too (or am I wrong?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0574.JPG (156.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0576.JPG (120.0 KB, 2 views)
kcirick is offline   Reply With Quote