View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
bootzman
AF Newbie

Re: Programming keyless remote for Lexus LS400

Local lex dealer charges $45+ (0.5-hr labor) to program the fob! there are a few versions of programming procedure floating arount the web, here is the one works for me (id: HYQWDT-C):

1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.
3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door.
11. Open the door.
12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.
13. Close the door
14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.
15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

before it gets successfully programmed, you may hear a 10-second long beep which did take me by surprise! I thought I was in big trouble but all is good.
bootzman is offline   Reply With Quote