View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #6
z24-xavier
AF Regular

Re: what is the major problems on geo prizm?

well, i just sold my 95 prizm about 3 mo. ago because i couldnt stand how slow it was... I think that was the dumbest idea i have ever had in my life!!!

it had 157,000mi on it, never replaced even the spark plug wires. engine tranny mechanically was the best iv ever seen much less had, and i romped on it all day every damn day till i sold it..

BUT...

wheel bearings/struts are a different issue.
but the solution is simple. when you replace either one (i had to replace all 4 struts and wheel bearings on mine. 2 wheel bearings i replaced twice) BUY THE BETTER BRAND!!! dont go el-cheapo or you'll regret it. buy the good stuff the 1st time, and make it the last. youll never have to rpl any of it again, and the alternator... well yeah i rpl'ed it 2 times.. i was also running 900watts worth of car amps off of the little boogers too without bass caps so you do the math on that.

bottom line is you wanna car thats dependable as hell and wont cost you a damn thing on gas or tag/insurance. go with this car. if you want to go fast... turn your head away from it.

btw, i had the 1.6l - 115hp and never had any engine problems.
i now have a 95 cavalier z24 2.3l - 150hp. just rpl'ed engine, about to rpl the transmission, and oh yeah there are other problems..
z24-xavier is offline   Reply With Quote