View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
jamesmetairie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: heater core replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by myproblem
I have done everything I can think of to get my heater to put out heat but everything has failed. I checked the core and the water flows through freely. The valve opens and closes like it susposed to. If any one can come up with anything that I haven't done already. I ran a good cleaner through for about 6 hours. I checked to see if the water goes through the core freely and it does. The heat guage goes up to where it susposed to go. I am going to try a 192 degree thermostat and see if that will work. The only down side with that is over heating the heads and causeing warpage.
while you have the heater on and not the fan and you,re driving do you feel a little hot air passing thru the vents? also try this = push the temp lever to full red(hot side). then with no heater and no fan turned on,etc and you,re driving do you feel a little heat passing thru the vents ? bottom line = if hot coolant is passing thru the core you should have heat. sounds silly,but is your vent fan working in at least one position? in another car i once had some papers fall from the back of glove compartment. it blocked the air flow in the duct work for the vent system.
jamesmetairie is offline   Reply With Quote