View Single Post
Old 04-19-2001, 09:14 AM   #6
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Thumbs up

I searched for my G20 . . . it took a little over four months to find it.

When I decided to buy a car, I already knew I wanted it fully loaded, power windows, locks, drivers seat, and sunroof were mandatory. Leather was optional. 5-speed was a must!!

I originally wanted an Accord 91-94 most likely . . . but they really wanted way too much for that car . . . I liked Accords, but didn't think they were worth 9 or 10 grand used . . . not a chance, especially not standard shift. So there was always the Civic, I figured . . .

Anyhow . . . I knew I wanted a Japanese make, with a four cylinder engine . . . I didn't feel ready for the instant power of a 6 just yet. Although I wanted decent power, and speed, I didn't want a dedicated "sports" car . . . insurance would have been too high. Or else, I would've bought an Eclipse, or a Prelude . . .

There was an article in Sport Compact Car in 1998 I think. . . they featured this father/son performance team in Florida "Pacific Performance" was the name of the shop. The father made some remark about Nissan engines being stronger or better for building than Honda/Acura engines . . .

That nixed the Civic . . . I just had to find a Nissan to my liking. The SE-R was potent . . . but the style out of the box was a little cheesy . . . I wanted one, but couldn't see myself in one . . . my brother and I talk cars ALL the time, and one day we were driving somewhere, when a G20 passed nearby. He told me that the G20 had the same engine that was in the SE-R. That's all I needed to hear.

I found the engine I wanted in the packaging that I needed. I searched every paper I could, and looked at all the prices before deciding that I wouldn't pay any more than $7000 for a G20

Long story short I found the 1993 G20 fully loaded, leather, 5-speed, silver (I love silver), and negotiated the price down to $7k . . .

Love at first ride . . .

Stevie B
P10 :sun:
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote