View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 10:34 PM   #7
onetime_77
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to onetime_77
If you are going to use a feul cleaner I would go with one of the total system/complete system cleaners. They are a little more money (10-15 dollars) but at least they actually do some cleaning. I had a baretta in h.s. with injector problems and a friend of mine told me to do this:
buy 2 new filters.....when your tank is about empty change the filter....go fill up with some good gas/add the good cleaner. Drive that whole tank fairly aggresive. That gets things to heat up some and grab deposits, also the harder you are the more pressure can run through your lines. When that tank is about empty take off the filter and put on that second one. That way any crap that did get loose is not in the filter you are keeping on the car. I did that and my car ran much better. Not so much in low gears, but in 5th I didn't get a stutter anymore when gassing it. My mpg also went up about 4 afterwards. When you replace any filter it is always a good idea to do it on a low tank....and take off your gas cap to release pressure. I know many people that didn't and they got a pretty intense gas bath for a couple seconds
onetime_77 is offline   Reply With Quote