View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
phillipshaffer
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: chevy Big block into 69 GTO?

I have a 69 GTO with a 572 Big Block Chevy motor in it !!!, Best thing
i ever did, Took My pontiac engine everywhere, In south Florida no one could build a decent engine , I spun a bearing Twice in it , Had it rebuilt twice, Pontiac motor will not take the RPM that a chevy will, And yes I am a PONTIAC BUFF !!, The pontiac motors run great. They are torque motors that put out good horsepower, But what you can do or buy out there that is chevy , and will put 450 to 600 hiorse power to the wheels is no contest.
Have matching number to car, Yes I know what it isworth with orig. motor versus chevy in it !!. But I have a heavy foot. I have gone through enough 400 motors in my life. 455 cranks in them , The hole ball and wax.
I baught a motor off craigs list, 2800 dollars , 572 chevy Brodix heads (alum) Eagle crank and pistons, Changed motor mounts and Trans , rest of it bolted in and was on motor , changed harness undewr hood , ran it other direction on firewall, It looks great , Is definately a much strongerrunning car. and I had RaM Air 62 heads Ported , and all the goodies on the Pont motor. No contest . Johny's cages built it once , It let go 5 grand down drain. Some jerk off down off 84 built it , Spun a bvearing wiuth under 500 mioles on it. wouldn't warranty his work , Not worth sueing, Solved the problem , Put a built Chevy in . and with the Aluminum heads , Its liter than the Pont engine was. And I love my pontiac. Chevy is easier motor to build , and it runs better.
phillipshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote