View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #91
lazysmurff
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lazysmurff
Re: Re: Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
WOW I've never been stomped by a civic, I just hate them in ugly form. Look a civic isn't a bad looking car (except the hatch back) just give it a good paint job and nice rims then do all the engine mods you want. Just don't put on an obnoxious body kit and fart trumpet and 12 foot spoiler and cover it with gaudy stickers! You still need to spend a mint to get it to go fast, I hear the Honda guys brag about running 10's and 9's even 8's and 7's get real guys! There are 2 Hondas that run 8's and one has been converted to rear drive, as well neither is a real world car just a seat with tube chassis a fiberglass body and a $100,000.00 engine that can only run a race or two and is payed for by a sponsor.
im with you all the way man. i wasnt defending ricers, i was just trying to put things in perspective. it was more an attack on someone saying "turbos and nitrous are cheating"

i drive a honda, im proud of it. its quick, could be quicker, but i know running 12's is a pipe dream. ill be happy to limp down the track in low 15's.

but im just as impressed with a 10 second import as i am with ten second domestic.