Thread: Passlock System
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
kees45
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Re: security lock issue getting better thanks to your replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycorri
Wow! Coincidence that I just logged on. It looks like you did everything right. Yes, the Security Lock message will always be on while the Passlock is disabled. I would suggest that you test your system while the car is running. Just flip the switch to on while the car is running to put Passlock system in precut condition as you said. Your system should reset and clear out the Security lock message.(Passlock Enabled) Once this works, go ahead and break the circuit again by flipping the toggle in the opposite direction. Security message should again illuminate.(Passlock Disabled) You can now shut your car off and know that it will start every time. Please post back soon to let me know that this worked for you. Now that I have my Passlock Disabled, I just leave the toggle in that position and never touch it. My car cranks every time with no worries of the dreaded 10 minute wait. Incidentally, how long did the whole modification take you? Thanks for posting back, Ray
Hey, Thanks for being so quick. It took me about 2 hours on the impala. Most of the work is getting the dashboard apart as I had no idea where the screws and clips are that hold it all together. I also suggest to write down the sequence of taking it apart as that will make it easier to put it all back together again. Once that was done it was a bit akward as the tranny lever is in the way so you have to put that into its lowest position. Which means you have to start the car. Also Just use the key, nothing on it. But once that is done all you need to do is take the 2 bolts that hold the ignition key. No need to take the radio or panle for the heat/airco out.You then have enough room on the left next to the instrument panel to push the ignition switch back and to the left. That exposes just enough of the 3 wires and just enough room to cut the yellow wire. When cutting make sure you allow enough so you are able to solder 2 wires to the cut yellow. Lots of room to bring the added wire down and install a toggle. I am going to drive/stop/start the engine for the rest of the afternoon. Tomorrow I am away for the whole day so I will report back as soon as possible. Probably Wednesday.
Again, thanks for all your unput.
Kees
kees45 is offline   Reply With Quote