Thread: Passlock System
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #10
raycorri
AF Regular

Re: security lock issue getting better thanks to your replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees45
Went thu the procedure of cutting the yellow wire. Added an extension to it with a toggle switch. Car starts. But message center shows security lock message on all the time because toggle switch is in off position. Am a bit hesitant to switch toggle switch to on as that put system in precut condition. Do I start the car with the toggle switch off? And then switch it on? Any suggestions how to work it? Or is the situation now that the security lock light will or has to be be on all the time?
In the meantime I thank you for your responses. It certainly did help a lot. Happy New Year.
Kees
Wow! Coincidence that I just logged on. It looks like you did everything right. Yes, the Security Lock message will always be on while the Passlock is disabled. I would suggest that you test your system while the car is running. Just flip the switch to on while the car is running to put Passlock system in precut condition as you said. Your system should reset and clear out the Security lock message.(Passlock Enabled) Once this works, go ahead and break the circuit again by flipping the toggle in the opposite direction. Security message should again illuminate.(Passlock Disabled) You can now shut your car off and know that it will start every time. Please post back soon to let me know that this worked for you. Now that I have my Passlock Disabled, I just leave the toggle in that position and never touch it. My car cranks every time with no worries of the dreaded 10 minute wait. Incidentally, how long did the whole modification take you? Thanks for posting back, Ray
raycorri is offline   Reply With Quote