View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
Kasso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kasso Send a message via MSN to Kasso Send a message via Yahoo to Kasso
HOW-TO: Miniature PS2

Supplies
Styrene sheet (.5mm thick used here)
Ruler
Plastic Cement
X-acto knife
Mitre Box(optional)
Saw(optional)
File
Semi-Gloss Black
x-14 Sky Blue (optional, not pictured)
Gloss Red (optional, not pictured)

Step 1:
cut a strip of styrene any length but 12mm wide

Step 2:
now make markings 7mm apart

Step 3:
now cut out the little rectangles. u'll only be using 9 per PS2

Step 4:
For better handling, stick a piece of tape to an old paint bottle top. put one rectangle on the tape. apply glue, and put another rectangle on top but about 1mm in from the edge of the first piece (only on 2 sides). i did this so that 3 rectangle edges are sticking out in the front and 2 pieces in.

Step 5:
now stack 4 rectangles right on top of each other with glue. put that stack about 2mm in from the bottom edge.

Step 6:
With the mitre box and saw, cut off the excess so that it resembles the picture. smoothe everything out with the file. *note: if you dont own a mitre box and saw, u will have to file off the excess*

Step 7:
paint the whole thing using semi-gloss black. after everything was dry, i painted the small blue square on the bottom left corner of the front. thats where the USB and firewire ports are in the real PS2. i also used gloss red and a toothpick to put a small dot that represents the "PS" on the real PS2's cd-tray. I didnt bother recreating the "PS2" logo on the top since this unit will be under the glove compartment.

NOTE: this ps2 was made in 1/25 scale for a revell ITR. 1/24 measurements are: 12.5mm x 7.5mm

*EDIT*
I didnt make PS2 controllers yet because im waiting for epoxy putty from HLJ.

1995 Acura Integra Special Edition (something real special about a 5000 rpm changeover... )
Kasso is offline   Reply With Quote