View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

Re: NEED HELP (electrical)

Ok. I did that. And my cars possessed. Lol. Ok so I connected it like u said, and the only place the light flickers and goes out is when I touch the connection between the turn signal switch and the wire harness under the dash. I narrowed it down to the black wire who h seems loose, I figured it was a ground, so I tried to splice another ground and no dice, then at some point my parking lights were on without the fuse in, the switch off and disconnected, and even the ground wire to that particular bulb cut! Yes, no ground and the light was still on. Well they managed to turn off and I got back to testing.

My dad says, and he's always right, that it's the turn signal switch itself, or that it's shorted somewhere else and messed up the sodering inside the switch so testing it would be useless, and all I was doing with that black wire was turning the whole circut on and off, that's y the light goes out. I've bee. Under the dash all dam day and no luck other then that one ground on the connector.

Question. What's a rocker and kick panel? This the panels that run next to the seats?

Also I think my dads right, any other places I should look. Sorry im good with motors but wiring gives me the hibbie jibbies

Thanks guys lets get my car going!
-Ignition mods
-dual magnaflow exaust
-going TT (wish me luck)

black book
-'95 mustang v6 (modded) /////
-'00 neon (modded/non-turbo) ///
-'04 eclipse GT
-'05 eclipse GT (modded)
-'97 Prelude vtec (modded)
-CRX (modded)
-Mazda Miata mx5 //