View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #18
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: R35 GT-R continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
Just look at everything Nissan makes now - 350Z, new Altima, Titan all ugly as hell! It's the Renault Frenck influence, it's criminal. R34 was sweet.
All Renault did was purchase 44% of Nissan for a 'controlling interest' to bail them out. Renault has had little effect on on the design of Nissans, especially those in the US. The Altima and Titan are US-built models, likely designed in the US as well. Blame Americans if you don't like the styling. The design chosen for the 350Z was done by an Indian guy from the UK by the name of Ajay Panchal...in a US studio.

To top it all off, guess what? The 'sweet' R34 was done while Renault was in control, too.

What Renault is really doing with Nissan is using their engines and some platforms. There have been at least two Renaults, the Vel Satis and Avantine, that have used Nissan's VQ V6. The Renault Fluence coupe concept is rather obviously based on the FM platform. The next Sentra may be based on the Renault Megane platform, which is pretty darn good. The Megane is also available in turbocharged RS form, with a 2L turbo I4 making 222hp, which opens up all kinds of possibilities for the next Sentra SE-R.

Don't you dare try saying that Carlos Ghosn is French, either. I've heard that one before. He's actually Brazilian, as if his ethnicity matters.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote