View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
rob cole
AF Newbie

Trans stuck in park

96 skylark .. 3.1 automatic
I have a hard time getting the trans into foward gear. (no reverse at all) you can see the motor move just like it should when shifting in to foward. it wants to go but seems like its stuck in park .. cant get the wheels free to push it back out of the driveway. I can mess with the shifter up and down till sometimes after a few mins it will hit then it will drive just fine till i go back to park then stuck agian... got to be something simple just dont know .. yesterday when I finialy got foward I drove 140 miles soon as i put it in park it was stuck again arrrgh today I shut it off in nutral and it was ok right into drive ... but you cant turn off the key so thats not gonna work .. cant afford a trans shop for a 600 dollar car I got from a realitive it runs and shifts so nice when it does go .. HELP had a guy say to check the brake ped switch . going out to see about that now . wanted to post 1st. please just send me down the right path . made me late for work 3 times in the last week .. next time i get the ax.....
rob cole is offline   Reply With Quote