View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Building a racecar help!!!!!

If you're just doing straight line racing and you want to do something ridiculous you can't really go wrong with a small pickup truck/ big engine combo. I'm not just talking about a Chevy S10 with a 350 under the hood, that's actually more common than you may think. I'm thinking an old Toyota Tacoma (like back when they were really small and low to the ground) or even more ridiculous one of those old Datsun pickups. Of course with these, the engine will have to be swapped.
If you want to be able to take corners, you could try one of those hideous abominations from AMC like a pacer or a gremlin. If you could make one of those perform well on a track, definitely get some attention. You could also do a RWD conversion on an old (like early '80s) Toyota corrolla and put something big and powerful under the hood, that would be pretty ridiculous too.
Whichever way you choose to go, you're going to wind up with a big expensive project requiring a lot of customization so be ready for that... you've been warned.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote