View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
54Scorpio
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 Nissan Sentra Electrical

First I'd like to thank you for replying to my question. I might have mislead you in my question. The head lights do come on, but just about everything else is out. I had put a volt meter on the battery while the car was running and it only registered 12.5 volts. I thought that it would have registered closer to, if not over 13 volts. I'm worried that the idiot might have fried my alternator. I didn't see your reply until after I came back inside so I will check those fusible links when I go back outside. While I was outside I did pop the top off of that covered box that is next to the battery that appeared to have three fusible links that had a clear top on them and they looked to be okay, but there were two other wires that seemed to be plugged in to that box also, that might have been fusible links, but I wasn't sure because I've never worked on or checked fusible links before. What are your thoughts about the 12.5 volts on the battery? Would having a fried diode inside the alternator cause the symptoms I've described with just about everything else out besides the headlights(which might just be running off the battery)? Thanks again for your help.
54Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote